“Everything is going wrong.” into “I can handle this if I take one step at a time.”
- count to 10 before you speak or act.
- try breaking down the big problems into smaller parts. From there you can take one step at a time, instead of trying to tackle everything at once which could make you feel overwhelmed and increase the tension.
- take a few slow, deep breaths until you feel your body un-clench a little bit.
- walk away from the situation for a while, wait until you’re calm, then find solution to the situation with a clear head.
3. FIND A HEALTHY OUTLET
There are many different coping mechanisms to choose from, it’s time to find a healthy way to blow off some steam! Here are a few suggestions..
- ART! you can draw, paint, do arts and crafts.
- MUSIC! turn on your favorite song and sing and dance your frustrations away!
- Hang out with some friends, good genuine company is always helpful in stressful situations, it gives you a chance to breathe and relax.
- GET ACTIVE! You could go on a walk, jog, or maybe do some yoga, you’ll be too busy sweating and focusing on the task at hand that the frustrations will soon seem to evaporate and you can go back later and find a solution to the situation.
These are a few things that I find to be helpful in stressful situations, but ultimately you are the judge of what’s best for you, your body, your mind, and your emotional stability. Take it one step at a time and don’t expect super fantastic results after a day, it could take some time, just remember to be there for yourself, listen to your body and mind. No one knows what’s best for you except you, so listen to what your body is telling you, you’ll be surprised at how well you know yourself if you just take the time to pay attention.
Until next time,